Saturday 16 November 2013

Preparations near completion



I was awoken by the call to prayer from the local mosque in Moshi at 5.00 am in the morning, in fact there were two different calls from two competing mosques in the town I was later informed. It reminded me of the Victorian church builders who would often build their churches within line of sight of each other in the high streets of the  growing towns of England. As part of our preparations we spend the day on Safari in Arusha  give us time to acclimatise and see some of the wildlife that Tanzania offers. Through out the day my mind turned to my grandparents who visited Tanzania from Kenya in 1936.  I am told my Grandfather wished to climb Kili with my Grandmother with an intention of proposing to her on the summit. Sadly he did not make it to the top, but my Grandmother did. Here are some photos they took on their trip.
We are off tomorrow morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment